Create a New P2P Money Flow
- Click the "Create a New P2P Money Flow” button.
- Select the P2P Money Flow Type - Business or Home. Are you using the P2P Money Flow to track your Business or Home Income/Expenses?
- Name your P2P Money Flow, such as " Business” or "Smith Home” and click the "Save File” button. There is no need to add a year to the name because the P2P Money Flow is designed for you to manage your income/expenses for an unlimited number of years.
Now you will be on the Dashboard screen. From here you can:
- Enter, View or View your Income and Expense entries
- Create/Edit/View your Goals.
- Set your P2P Money Flow Preferences
Enter New Income
Click the "Enter New Income” button.
- Select the Income Type from the drop down menu or create a Custom Income Type (See Create a Custom Income/Expense Type).
- Date: Enter the date of the Income entry. You can manually enter the date or you can click the calendar icon and select a date from the calendar.
- Amount $: Enter the $ amount of the Income.
- Who? – Enter the name of the person or business that paid you this income.
- What? – Enter what you were paid for.
- Where? – ?
Notes: - This space can be used for additional notes such as whether you were paid with cash or check, if desired. Example: Paid Check# 1234 or Paid with Cash.
Note: The "Where” & "Notes” fields are not required and may be used if desired.
- Recurring Entry: Complete this section if you would like this entry to recur weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually. From the drop down menu, simply select the desired frequency and enter the future date you want this entry to recur again. See Recurring Entries for more details.
Enter New Expense
- Click the "Enter New Expense” button
- Select the Expense Type from the drop down menu or create a Custom Expense Type. (See Create a Custom Income/Expense Type)
- Date: Enter the date of the expense. You can manually enter the date or you can click the calendar icon and select a date from the calendar.
- Amount $: Enter the $ amount of the expense.
- Who? – Enter the name of the person or business you paid.
- What? – Enter what expense you paid for. If this is a Business Meeting, enter the reason for the meeting such as Recruiting/Sales Presentation, etc. and enter the name of the person or persons you met with. If it was a purchase, enter what you purchased here. Example: LCD Projector, Supplies, etc.
- Where? – If this is a Business Expense, enter the location of where you met the person or where the expense took place. If it was for travel, include the city and state.
Notes: - This space can be used for additional notes, if desired, such as whether you paid for the expense with cash, credit or check. Example: CC#-2345 or Check# 1234. If this is a Business Expense, this area can also be used to include the names of guests that attended your meeting or home party.
Note: For thorough tax expense documentation, all of the Expense fields should be completed.
- Recurring Entry: Complete this section if you would like this entry to recur weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually. Complete this section if you would like this entry to recur weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually. From the drop down menu, simply select the desired frequency and enter the future date you want this entry to recur again. See Recurring Entries for more details.
- Auto #1 / Auto #2/ Auto #3 - Assign a number to your automobiles to be used. Select the automobile used for this expense.
- Odometer Reading Beginning & Ending – Enter your odometer beginning and ending reading including your personal and business mileage.
- Business Mileage – Enter the number of miles driven for business related to this expense.
Click the "Save Changes & Return” button once you have completed the entry screen.
Mileage Entry Note: You can choose to enter your mileage with each expense entry as above or you can enter your mileage as a separate expense by selecting Transportation – Mileage from the Expense Type drop down menu and following the instructions above.
Create a Custom Income/Expense Type
- From the Enter New Income, Enter New Expense or Goals screens.
- Click the Create/Edit Custom Types button.
- Your list of Custom Income and/or Expenses will show here, if you have created any.
- Click the "Create New” Button.
- Enter a name for your Custom Income or Expense type in the "Type” field.
- Click the "SAVE” button.
- Your Custom Income and Custom Expense Types will now show in the drop down menu on the Enter New Income, Enter New Expense and Goals pages.
- From the Dashboard, click the "View/Edit Income” or the View/Edit Expenses” button. The Log Screen will appear. You have several features on this page that will allow you to see your income/expense data as you want to see it.
- Dates – When you first access the P2P Money Flow Log screen, your data will always be displayed as month to date unless you change it in the Preferences area. You can select any date range you want to see by selecting the "From” and "To” dates and then clicking the Update View icon or clicking the Enter key on your computer. You can also select a Month to Date or Year to Date view from the Load Filter drop down menu. Note: The P2P Money Flow is designed for you to manage your income/expense for an unlimited number of years. To see/edit a previous year, you simply select the date range you want to see/edit.
View – Once you have selected the desired date range to view, you can now view your income and expenses as individual views by selecting the Income or Expenses check box. Or you may elect to see both Income & Expenses on the same page view, by selecting both check boxes. You can also view your CashFlow Manger Log screen in an Un-Categorized or Categorized format.
Un-Categorized – the income or expense data is shown in calendar date order.
Categorized – the income or expense data is grouped by the Income or Expense type and date. The income, expenses and mileage are totaled and shown by income/expense type.
Reports – On the Reports menu, you have several options for printing your P2P Money Flow data.
Printable View - you can view and print the report currently showing on the screen. By selecting the Export as CV button, you can also download the data to your computer in a CSV file format for the date range you currently have selected.
YTD Summary - you can view and print the YTD Summary report for any year you have data entered. At the top of your YTD Summary View, select the year you want to display. By selecting the Export as CV button, you can also download the data to your computer in a CSV file format for the date range you currently have selected.
Mileage Log – you can see and print the Mileage Log for the date range you currently have selected on the Expense Log view.
Create/Edit your Goals
- From the Dashboard, select the Create/Edit Goals button or From the Log View, select the Edit Goals button
You will now be on your Goals List, if you have created one.
Create a Goal – click the Add New button, then select the Income/Expense type and enter your Goal amount and then click the Save button.
Edit a Goal – click the Edit icon (image of paper with yellow pencil) next to the goal you want to edit. Make your edit and then click the Save button.
Delete a Goal - click the Delete icon (Red X image) next to the goal you want to delete. Click Yes.
Printing your P2P Money Flow
You can print the P2P Money Flow for the date range and format currently seen on the screen or the YTD Summary.
- Under Reports, select the Printable View or YTD Summary. The printable version of your data will now appear.
- For Best Results, set your browser settings to "Landscape” and "Shrink to Fit”.
- Select the Print button in your browser.
Setting your Preferences
These settings allow you to customize how your information is displayed when you land on a specific page. To change a setting, simply click the desired setting and then click "Save”.
P2P Money Flow Home page upon opening: This setting allows you to land on either the Dashboard or the Log View upon opening your manager.
Income/Expense Log Date Range: This setting allows you see your data in a Year to Date or Month to Date format when you land on your Log View. Once on the Log View, you can change the format for the current session.
Income/Expense Log View: This setting allows you see your data in a Categorized or Un-Categorized format when you land on your Log View. Once on the Log View, you can change the format for the current session.
The Recurring Entry feature allows you to designate an Income/Expense entry as a repeating entry on a Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly, Quarterly or Annual basis. Let's say you have an income/expense that occurs on the same day of each and every month. Once you setup an income/expense as a monthly recurring entry, each month on the date selected you will see an alert at the top of the page of your P2P Money Flow. You will be asked to "Confirm” or "Skip” the entry. If you select "Confirm”, you will be brought to that income/expense details page, where you can review, edit and confirm the information.
If you have already entered the income/expense for this period, simply click the "Skip” button and the entry will not occur for this month.
For a complete list of all of your Recurring Income/Expenses, simply go to the Dashboard and select the View/Edit Recurring button. From here you can view, edit or delete items from your recurring entry list.